4 Reasons People Love Northwest ISD Schools
For many homebuyers, a good school district is a top priority when choosing a place to live. Others don’t but as much emphasis on school district when buying a home. So, how important is school district when buying a house?
Reasons for Buying a House Based on School District
Obviously, if you have kids, you want to do everything you can to ensure their success. When you choose a home in a good school district, you are taking an important first step in securing a high-quality education for your children.
Another reason to buy a home in a good school district is, it’s a smart investment. Homes located in good school districts tend to appreciate in value more reliably than those that aren’t. In fact, a few years ago, the New York Times reported that a 5% increase in standardized test scores can boost home prices by as much as 2.5%! So even if you don’t currently have kids in your household, finding a home in a top school district is a smart financial decision.
A third reason to choose a home based on its schools is that it just makes sense. Better schools tend to produce better students and brighter future outcomes for the kids that go to these schools. Why wouldn’t you want to put your family in an environment that is filled with children who are positioned for success?
Why Choose Northwest ISD Schools?
North Texas has many fine school districts to choose from, but Northwest Independent School District (NISD) has distinguished itself as one of the best in the DFW Metroplex. Located just north of Ft. Worth, NISD serves 14 communities within a 234 square mile area. The district serves all of Aurora, Haslet, Justin, New Fairview, Newark, Rhome and Trophy Club, and portions of Flower Mound, Ft. Worth, Keller, Northlake, Roanoke, Southlake, and Westlake. With a total enrollment of more than 25,000 students, the district has
- Twenty elementary schools,
- Six middle schools,
- Three comprehensive high schools,
- One accelerated high school,
- A special programs center, and
- A community-based youth residential program.
Kids are the top priority for Northwest ISD, and the district considers each student’s success to be everyone’s responsibility. The district’s vision is to empower kids as learners and leaders who have the ability to positively impact the world!
Reasons People Love Living in Northwest ISD
One of the many things that draws homebuyers to Pecan Square by Hillwood in Northlake, TX is our master-planned community’s great schools, which are part of the Northwest ISD. Children in the community get an excellent education from a district that focuses on continuous learning, college and career preparation.
Here are a few reasons why people love living in the Northwest ISD.
Northwest ISD Rankings
The NISD is highly rated by many organizations and publications. Look at these impressive Northwest ISD ratings:
- Parent Satisfaction rating – 95%
- Selected by the Texas Education Agency (TEA) as a member of the Texas High Performance Schools Consortium
- TEA’s accountability system
- Overall grade – A
- Student Achievement – A
- Closing the Gap – A
- School Progress – B
- 3rd best school district in Denton County
- Top 10% of all Texas school districts
- Overall grade – A
- Academics – A
- clubs & activities – A
- college prep – A
- Named a finalist in the 2020 HEB Excellence in Education Awards
Higher Graduation Rates
The district’s students exceed state averages in 4-year graduation rate and have lower than average dropout rates. More than 96% of Northwest ISD students graduate in four years (compared to 90% statewide) and on average, only .8% drop out (compared to 2% statewide).
Northwest ISD schools produce more college-ready students. A graduating student is considered college ready if they meet or exceed the college-ready criteria on the SAT, ACT or Texas Success Initiative Assessment (TSIA) tests.
- NISD students scored 23.7% higher in reading and12.3% higher in math on the TSIA test than the statewide average. Combined scores on both subjects were 20.1% higher.
- Northwest ISD students’ average SAT scores were 24 points higher than the state average.
- Students in the NISD scored an average of 23.0 on the ACT, which is higher than the statewide average score of 20.6.
Student participation in Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate courses and testing are also a measurement of college readiness levels for a school district.
- More than 40% of Northwest ISD students in 11th and 12th grade took at least one Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate exam during the 2018-2019 school year. The statewide average for this was only 25.2%.
- Nearly 70% of Northwest ISD students in the 11th and 12th grades passed at least one AP or IB exam during the 2018-2019 school year vs. only 51% statewide.
The NISD has also received the following accolades and honors:
- The NISD was named a District of Distinction by the Texas Art Education Association.
- The National Association of Music Merchants Foundation named the NISD one of the 2020 Best Communities for Music Education. The district has been named to this list 12 years in a row. Districts selected to the list demonstrate outstanding achievement in music education to all students.
- The District earned the EPA Energy Star certification for conservation of energy which is given to those buildings who perform in the top 25% nationwide.
Individual schools and students within the district have received too many awards and honors to mention here, but you can find more information on the NISD website.
Great Northwest ISD Schools—Just One of Pecan Square’s Benefits
If you’re looking for a beautiful DFW community in a great school district, come take a look at Pecan Square by Hillwood. With lovely homes to fit every taste, fantastic amenities, an award-winning lifestyle program, and an acclaimed school system, Pecan Square in Northlake, TX is a great place to raise a family. We will even have an on-site Northwest ISD Elementary School in the near future! Take a virtual tour, stop by The Greeting House for a visit, or contact us today.