If you have fallen in love with Pecan Square and just can’t wait to call it home, it’s easy to see why! Most people who come to visit our master-planned community in Northlake, Texas find the beautiful setting, fantastic amenities, excellent schools, and neighborly hospitality hard to resist. If you’re ready to find a place for yourself in one of our state-of-the-art smart houses, take a look at these tips for finding the perfect home at Pecan Square.
1. Prepare a Wish List – What are your must-haves for your perfect Pecan Square home? Have you always dreamed of living in a two-story house? Is a three-car garage a must-have? Make a list of features that you consider essential for your new home. Consider these elements when composing your wish list:
2. Determine your Budget – How much home can you afford? Many home buyers choose to meet with a lender and be prequalified for a mortgage before making a decision on a home. This can help guide your search and keep you in the right price range when considering options and upgrades. Pecan Square has new homes from the mid $200s to the $600s.
3. Time Frame – Do you have a firm move-in date in mind? If so, start with that and work backward to determine if you have enough time to build on a lot or if you need to consider a home that is available for quick move-in. Pecan Square has new three-bedroom, four-bedroom, and five-bedroom homes available now.
If your dates are more flexible, take a look at our virtual home tours that highlight several floor plans and design packages available from our home builders.
4. Realtor: yes or no? – The use of a realtor when buying a home at Pecan Square is optional. Most (if not all) home builders will pay a realtor’s commission upon the sale of their homes so there should be no cost to you if you choose to use one.
A realtor can help save you time by previewing available and model homes and culling down the options, showing you only those that check all the boxes. If you are building a home, a realtor can arrange and accompany you to meetings with the builder’s representative, help you compare multiple builders, and negotiate upgrades.
Once you find the home you love, a realtor can represent you through the rest of the purchase process. Just be sure and let the builder’s agent know you are working with a realtor from the start.
Some home buyers, who have the time and are comfortable with the process, choose to forego the assistance of a realtor.
5. Know Your Options – If you are ready to make Pecan Square home, get to know your options! There are two ways to explore Pecan Square homes online.
There is a Pecan Square home to suit every taste, style, and budget. Take a look at the large collection of home builders who are building in our community. You can see each builder’s interior design packages by viewing their virtual tours.
If you are ready to make Pecan Square home, get started today! Lots and quick move-in homes are going fast! See you soon!